1. A staggering 90% of tracked-in dirt is embedded within the first 7 meters of an entrance, emphasizing the critical role of effective entryway cleaning to prevent dirt and debris from spreading further into buildings.
2. Surprisingly, there are over 3,000 different types of bacteria present on banknotes and coins, highlighting the potential for contamination through monetary transactions.
3. Alarming as it may be, approximately 55% of all cleaning solvents contain ingredients that can pose serious risks to lung health if inhaled, underscoring the importance of using environmentally friendly and safe cleaning products.
4. The average kitchen sponge harbors more than 10 million live bacteria, making it one of the dirtiest items in the household. Regular cleaning and disinfection of sponges are crucial to maintain hygienic conditions in the kitchen.
5. Without regular disinfection, the germ count on surfaces can increase by an average of 31% daily, emphasizing the need for consistent cleaning practices to mitigate the spread of harmful bacteria and viruses.
6. Office phones, on average, harbor over 4,000 bacteria per square centimeter, making them a hotspot for potential germ transmission. Regular cleaning and disinfection of office equipment are essential for maintaining a hygienic workplace.
7. Surprisingly, computer keyboards can harbor 200 times more germs than the average toilet seat. This highlights the importance of regular cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched surfaces to reduce the risk of germ transmission.
8. Acting promptly is crucial when dealing with carpet stains, as 90% of all carpet stains can be effectively removed if action is taken within the first 72 hours. Employing the right cleaning techniques and products can help restore the carpet's appearance.
9. Using only a dust mop to clean hardwood floors may result in the reappearance of dust bunnies within approximately 24 hours. Regular vacuuming is necessary to achieve long-lasting cleanliness and minimize the accumulation of dust.
10. Dust is composed of 70% dead skin flakes and 30% outside materials, highlighting the importance of dusting surfaces regularly to maintain a clean and allergen-free environment.
11. average mattress is home to over 6 billion dust mites, microscopic organisms that feed on dead skin cells. Regular mattress cleaning and using protective covers can help reduce the presence of dust mites and potential allergic reactions.
12. In 2009, Terry "Turbo" Burrows set a Guinness World Record for being the fastest window cleaner in the world. He cleaned three windows in just 9.14 seconds, showcasing the speed and efficiency of professional window cleaning services.
13. According to research conducted by the British Cleaning Council, 1 in 10 British households employs a domestic cleaner. Furthermore, nearly 25% of all households with an annual income under £20,000 utilize the services of a home cleaner, highlighting the demand for professional cleaning assistance.
14. The average yearly salary for a domestic cleaner in the UK is a little over £20,000, equivalent to approximately £10.50 per hour. However, this figure can vary depending on factors such as experience level and geographical location, with some cleaners earning up to £22,000 per year.
15. Researchers are optimistic about the future of cleaning services in the UK, as the demand for these services is expected to continue growing. With the lifting of lockdown restrictions, the cleaning industry is projected to experience a significant increase in annual revenue, potentially rising by up to 6% in 2022 and continuing to climb in the coming years.
Are you as passionate about cleaning? Do you take pride in your work, knowing that a client feels satisfied and happy, after you've cleaned their home? Are you ready to take your skills to a new level?
Then come and join Done and Dusted and be a part of a growing business!
Please fill in the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.